Cee Lo Green guest starred as himself on last night's Parenthood as the first big name act to record in the studio recently purchased by two of the show's characters, brothers Adam and Crosby Braverman. The catch: The Luncheonette wasn't quite ready for business, but that didn't matter to Cee Lo, who wanted to record in the same part of the studio once used by Janis Joplin. "That's that fire right there," The Voice judge explained. After nearly 30 frustrating attempts at Joplin's version of "Piece of My Heart" in one day, Cee Lo shows up on day two with a plan to use Erma Franklin's original, more soulful arrangement of the song – and nails it.
Cee Lo Green Sings 'Piece of My Heart' on Parenthood
'The Voice' judge sings 'Piece of My Heart'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- 'The Dance' at 25: How Garth Brooks' Weeper Became an Unlikely Hit
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Steal the Show
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- West Memphis Three's Damien Echols: 'Today Was My Original Execution Date'