All hits have to start somewhere. In a recent chat with Rolling Stone Carly Rae Jepsen outlined the story of her ubiquitous summer smash "Call Me Maybe," which started as an acoustic number written by Jepsen and her guitarist, Tavish Crowe, before Marianas Trench frontman Josh Ramsay joined in to help complete the track. "We all felt like it was an enjoyable process to make it and we liked how it turned out, but I can't say I expected this," said Jepsen, who also talked about her upcoming collaborations and her favorite "Call Me Maybe" viral videos.
Carly Rae Jepsen Recalls Origins of 'Call Me Maybe'
Singer also chats about her upcoming duet with Justin Bieber and her favorite 'Call Me Maybe' viral videos
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Mental Floss10 People Banned from SNL
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Cracked27 Surprising Real Stories Behind Famous Songs
- Watch U2 Play 'Gloria' for First Time In 10 Years at Chicago Show
- Hating Seth MacFarlane: A Timeline
- Watch John Oliver Defend Transgender Rights on 'Last Week Tonight'
- What's Killing the Babies of Vernal, Utah?
- Jon Anderson, Rick Wakeman Remember Yes' Chris Squire
- Watch Puff Daddy Throw Bad Boy Reunion at BET Awards
- Chris Squire, Yes Bassist and Co-Founder, Dead at 67
- Watch Kanye West Cover Queen's 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
- Glenn Danzig Talks Covers LP 'Skeletons,' Reflects on Early Punk Days