Singer-songwriter Butch Walker teamed up with The Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore star Seymour Cassel for this video for "Summer of '89," a cut from his latest album, The Spade. "I usually just let my video director, Shane Valdez, run with whatever he comes up with, because I usually love the concepts and imagery in his twisted mind," says Walker. "When he said Seymour Cassel wanted to star in it as the 'video director,' that was just icing on the poundcake. The idea was to borrow some ideas from really bad rock videos in the late Eighties and put them in perspective now."
Butch Walker 'Summer of '89'
Singer-songwriter teams up with 'Rushmore' star Seymour Cassel
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
Mic13 Albums That Prove 2015 Will Be a Way Better Year for Music
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Watch Kanye West Serenade Daughter in Heartwarming 'Only One' Video
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- Justin Bieber Apologizes: 'I'm Not Who I Was Pretending to Be'
- Tom Petty on Sam Smith Settlement: 'No Hard Feelings. These Things Happen'
- Flashback: Nirvana Play a Bit of Boston's 'More Than a Feeling'
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Watch Kip Moore Pull Putrid Prank on Dierks Bentley
- Taylor Swift Trademarks 'This Sick Beat' and Other '1989' Phrases