Nothing nails a retro 1970s vibe like a whole lot of overlapping cross-fades, and Bruno Mars' new clip for the Unorthodox Jukebox cut "When I Was Your Man" is jam-packed with them. The simple clip – codirected by Mars and Cameron Duddy – finds the singer-songwriter going the lonesome balladeer route to excellent effect. Donning a pair of massive aviator sunglasses, Mars takes a seat at a piano adorned with a half-empty glass of whiskey and plunks out the heartbreaking tune, the final crescendo reaching a breaking point of true sorrow.
Bruno Mars Plays Lonely Balladeer in 'When I Was Your Man'
Singer-songwriter codirects simple, powerful new clip
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Mumford & Sons Talk Going Electric on New Album ‘Wilder Mind’
- Madonna to Kanye West: 'Don't Go to Awards Shows Looking for Justice'
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Watch Halestorm Rebel Against Day Jobs in Raucous 'Amen' Video
- Madonna Plots Rebel Heart Tour for North America, Europe
- Why Is This Man Still in Jail?
- Watch Bob Dylan Navigate a Bloody Love Triangle in New Video
- The White Devil Kingpin