Nothing nails a retro 1970s vibe like a whole lot of overlapping cross-fades, and Bruno Mars' new clip for the Unorthodox Jukebox cut "When I Was Your Man" is jam-packed with them. The simple clip – codirected by Mars and Cameron Duddy – finds the singer-songwriter going the lonesome balladeer route to excellent effect. Donning a pair of massive aviator sunglasses, Mars takes a seat at a piano adorned with a half-empty glass of whiskey and plunks out the heartbreaking tune, the final crescendo reaching a breaking point of true sorrow.
Bruno Mars Plays Lonely Balladeer in 'When I Was Your Man'
Singer-songwriter codirects simple, powerful new clip
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Beyonce's Black Southern 'Formation'
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars Rock Super Bowl 50 Halftime
- Feel Bad for Cam Newton, Even If You Hate Him
- Watch Elton John Belt Classics in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Super Bowl 50 Commercials: The Best and Worst From the Big Game
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote