If you've got a problem with Ginger Baker, go ahead and hit him in the nose. He'd welcome it. "I ain't gonna sue you. I'm gonna hit you back," the crazy drummer tells the camera in this trailer for the new documentary Beware of Mr. Baker, which screens multiple times at SXSW in Austin beginning March 10th. Eric Clapton, Johnny Rotten, Carlos Santana, Charlie Watts and Neil Peart are just a few of the legendary musicians who attest to the musical gift of the drummer, best known for playing in Cream and Blind Faith before discovering the Afrobeat of Fela Kuti. Most of them can also vouch for Baker's ferocious approach to life. "Maybe you have to be a little mad to play the way he does," says Marky Ramone.
'Beware of Mr. Baker' Preview of Ginger Baker documentary
The story of rock's wildest drummer
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 TV Spin-Off Story Lines That Ruined The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 20 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
DiffuserRock Stars' Kids Who Rock
Mental Floss21 Things You Might Not Know About 'Dazed and Confused'
DiffuserThe 12 Most Shocking Crimes In Rock History
Cracked5 Cover Songs Better Than The Original
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- Van Halen Play Nice, Shred Hard at High-Energy Tour Opener
- Obama Is on a Roll, But Is His Presidency?
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Grateful Dead's Goodbye, Night Two: Chemistry Lost, Cash-Grabs Abound
- 'It's Come Back to Haunt Them': Flag Historian on the Confederate Flag
- The Grateful Dead Say Farewell: The View From the Bowl