Ben Gibbard brought help to handle Stephen Colbert last night, performing "Bigger Than Love" with Aimee Mann on The Colbert Report. Mann sang the first verse, playing bass while Gibbard hammered away at an electric guitar before joining in on the chorus of the song from last year's album Former Lives. In an interview segment before Gibbard performed, Colbert suggested the scruffy, plaid-wearing Death Cab for Cutie frontman try wearing a tie and standing "a little closer to the razor," but Gibbard didn't take offense: in fact, he stuck around to perform a solo acoustic version of "I'm Building a Fire."
Ben Gibbard Duets With Aimee Mann on 'Colbert'
Pair performs 'Bigger Than Love' from Death Cab singer's solo LP
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
AskMenThe 40 Best Guy Movies Of All Time
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
- Lewis Black on Surviving Two Decades at 'The Daily Show'
- Jon Stewart Bids Farewell to Fox News: 'Adios, Motherf---ers'
- Jimmy Fallon Plays Donald Trump, Gets Debate Advice From Obama
- Skulls, Satan and Dave Grohl: Inside Mysterious Occult-Rock Band Ghost
- 25 Best 'Daily Show' Correspondents
- Jimmy Page on 'Coda,' Led Zep's Indian Sojourn and His Next Big Project
- Jon Stewart: Goodbye to the Last Honest Newsman
- Are Rogue Militants Preparing for War on American Soil?