Ben Gibbard brought help to handle Stephen Colbert last night, performing "Bigger Than Love" with Aimee Mann on The Colbert Report. Mann sang the first verse, playing bass while Gibbard hammered away at an electric guitar before joining in on the chorus of the song from last year's album Former Lives. In an interview segment before Gibbard performed, Colbert suggested the scruffy, plaid-wearing Death Cab for Cutie frontman try wearing a tie and standing "a little closer to the razor," but Gibbard didn't take offense: in fact, he stuck around to perform a solo acoustic version of "I'm Building a Fire."
Ben Gibbard Duets With Aimee Mann on 'Colbert'
Pair performs 'Bigger Than Love' from Death Cab singer's solo LP
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Sam Smith on Tom Petty Settlement: 'Similarities' But 'Complete Coincidence'
- Tom DeLonge Leaves Blink-182
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Watch Garth Brooks Introduce Lee Brice for Surprise Duet
- WWE 'Royal Rumble' Recap: The Philadelphia Phuck You
- Sundance 2015: Intimate 'Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck' Doc Stuns at Premiere
- Michael Moore Responds to 'Haters' After 'American Sniper' Uproar
- Justin Moore Talks Unreleased Miranda Lambert Duet