"I think when you're making music, you should always come into it with a little sense of naivity and what-the-fuck-are-you-doing-ness," Ben Folds tells Rolling Stone in this interview at Bonnaroo. The band talks about keeping in touch during their hiatus, getting back together, and why they chose to go the crowd-funding route for their new album. "The music business is so unpredictable now," Folds explains. "For some people, it's an opportunity to experiment. For us, it’s just you can find something that suits your process for that moment. And what suited our process for the moment was just to be able to go into the studio without a lot of expectations and without a budget and without really thinking about what we were doing."
Ben Folds Five Talk About Their New Album at Bonnaroo
'You ought to be slightly confused, and I think we're slightly confused.'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Movies That Made Huge Stars Quit Acting Forever
DiffuserThe 12 Most Shocking Crimes In Rock History
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Mental Floss10 People Banned From SNL
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes (Where Nobody Has Sex)
- 22 Things You Learn Hanging Out With Rush
- Lil Wayne Drops 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- Breaking Benjamin Battle Mystery Illness on Painful Road to Number One
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Kim Kardashian Gets Real: 11 Revelations From the New Cover Story
- WWE 'Beast in the East': Finn Balor's Reign Begins
- 50 Greatest Prog Rock Albums of All Time
- What's Killing the Babies of Vernal, Utah?