In this clip from the Avett Brothers' appearance for CMT Unplugged, the alt-country band perform a faithful rendition of Roger Miller's 1969 single "Where Have All the Average People Gone?" The song may be over 40 years old, but its sentiment about feeling lost in a world where the gulf between the rich and poor becomes wider all the time is even more relevant now than back then. It's a grim, sad number, but the band do an excellent job of emphasizing the song's graceful melancholy. You can catch the band's full performance when the episode premieres on CMT.com on Wednesday, July 13th at 9 p.m. ET. While the program airs, Starburst will host a live chat for fans on Facebook which will include exclusive bonus footage from the taping.
Avett Brothers 'Where Have All the Average People Gone'
Alt-country band plays 'Where Have All the Average People Gone'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Green Day Thank Vans, Fans, Rock & Roll at Hall of Fame: Read the Speech
- Ringo Starr Inducted, Green Day Shine at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Jon Stewart Opens Up About Leaving 'Daily Show'
- Read Ringo Starr's Jovial Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Speech
- 'Ringo Nailed It': Paul McCartney Inducts Starr Into Rock Hall of Fame
- Read Miley Cyrus' Badass Hall of Fame Speech for Joan Jett
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Read Laurie Anderson's Moving Rock Hall Speech for Lou Reed