"It's Around You," the latest single from Miami pop duo ANR, has a relaxed, groovy sound, but it's actually inspired by chaos. "This started out real simple, with just the vocal loop and thoughts of how it's been six years since a major hurricane hit south Florida," says singer and drummer Michael-John Hanock. "The idea of the song, and the chorus in particular, is to sonically and even lyrically connect with the traditional halftime modern R&B crowd, participation song style, but to have the actual concept of the song relating to evacuation procedures during a natural disaster. The chorus is telling people how to use their hands, feet, and voices to signal a helicopter from the roof of a house or building. What's 'around you' in this case is water and debris."
ANR 'It's Around You'
Miami band's new hit is about evacuating for a storm
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss5 Movies That Got Their Filmmakers Arrested
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
- David Letterman's Top 10 Musical Moments
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- Watch Willie Nelson Talk Songwriting Legacy, Indestructible Guitars on 'Daily Show'
- Mayor Bill de Blasio's Crusade
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- David Letterman Says Goodbye: Inside Rolling Stone's New Issue
- Satanists Defending Abortion Rights? Meet 5 Conservatives Freaking Out About It
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video