Alicia Keys takes a triumphant turn at reinvention in the new clip for "Brand New Me," a song from her latest album Girl On Fire. The video opens with a quiet, discomforted Keys getting her a massive mop of curls prepped before a shoot, the director offering her half-hearted "It looks nice," when she pulls away from his touch. After plinking at the piano for the cameras, Keys leaves her post and embarks on a quest for self-discovery around the set, which reaches its apex in front of a handful of mirrors where Keys rips off the wig she'd been given and returns to the piano as herself. Ending with the note "The journey continues . . ." – and a smiling Keys – it looks like this story isn't over just yet.
Alicia Keys Finds Liberation in 'Brand New Me' Clip
Singer-songwriter embarks on quest of self-discovery
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Celebrities You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Salon5 Secrets to Great Sex
Cinema BlendThe 10 Greatest Wrestlers Turned Actors
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Cracked6 Famous Movies Made By The Last Person You'd Expect
Mental FlossThe Strange Deaths of 20 Interesting People
- Grateful Dead Archivist Details Massive, New 80-Disc Box Set
- Slipknot Tease 'Dangerous' Summer Tour: 'It's Scary'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Lil Boosie Gets Real: MC on Prison, Protests and 'Classic' New LP
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Dawn of the Dead
- Hear Eminem's Hard-Hitting 'Southpaw' Song 'Phenomenal'
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Muhammad Ali: Last Tango in Vegas