It's not déjà vu when it's intentional: If the new video for Aimee Mann's "Labrador" (from her new record Charmer, out today) bears a striking resemblance to the "Voices Carry" clip from her new wave group 'Til Tuesday, well, that's the point. Directed by Tom Scharpling – played with greasy aplomb by a mustachioed Jon Hamm in the intro – Mann and Superchunk and Mountain Goats drummer (not to mention Scharpling's WFMU co-hort) Jon Wurster recreate the 1985 clip shot for shot, complete with ham fisted dialogue, melodramatic break-up at the theater, and a cameo from Mann's killer '80s hairdo, rat tail and all.
Aimee Mann Relives the Past in 'Labrador'
Jon Hamm, Jon Wurster star in shot-for-shot re-creation of 'Til Tuesday's 'Voices Carry' video
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
AskMenThe 40 Best Guy Movies Of All Time
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
- Skulls, Satan and Dave Grohl: Inside Mysterious Occult-Rock Band Ghost
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Jimmy Fallon Plays Donald Trump, Gets Debate Advice From Obama
- 25 Worst Original Names of Famous Bands
- Jon Stewart Bids Farewell to Fox News: 'Adios, Motherf---ers'
- Are Rogue Militants Preparing for War on American Soil?
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time