On his new single, the most exciting rapper in the Odd Future crew sticks to a familiar MO: a hard, unadorned beat topped with rhymes delivered in tongue-twisting configurations. Earl's pose – mildly sociopathic rebel nerd – isn't new, but the lyrics enliven the cliché. Best Anglicism-cum- Rick Ross-shout-out: "The misadventures of a shit-talker/Pissed as Rick Ross' fifth sip of his sixth lager." Prize for pure poetry: "Get 'em higher than the pitch of metal tea-kettle songs."
- Earl Sweatshirt feat. Tyler, the Creator
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- 'Obama Out': See President's Scathing Correspondents' Dinner Speech
- See Aretha Franklin Sing Prince's 'Purple Rain' at White House
- Paul McCartney Meets Women Who Inspired Beatles' 'Blackbird'
- Drake's New 'Views' Look All Too Familiar
- On the Charts: Beyonce's 'Lemonade' Stirs Up Number One
- Watch Neon Trees' Tyler Glenn Slam Mormon Church in New Solo Video
- 'Purple Rain' Director Talks Prince's Weird, Wonderful Masterpiece
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time