At first, it's what you'd expect of a B side: a little rare – just some shabby electric piano and acoustic guitar, spiked with la-la-las. But then it kicks into a low-fi rush of psych metal, magnifying Beck's bummed-out lament about the "vampire voltage in my soul." The octave-fuzz guitar licks are pure Sabbath – if only Danger Mouse had put a spit-shine polish on it.
"Vampire Voltage No. 6"
- "Vampire Voltage No. 6"
From The Archives Issue 1059: August 21, 2008
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Kanye West Unveils Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video
- Barely Legal: 30 Nearly Pornographic Mainstream Films
- Adele: Inside Her Private Life and Triumphant Return
- Guns N' Roses Thrill in Detroit With Electric Reunion Tour Opener
- 5 Hilarious WTF Courtroom Moments
- 100 Greatest Drummers of All Time
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- How the 'Warcraft' Movie Failed