This Rick Rubin–assisted Adore outtake is everything the 1998 LP's singles weren't: a straightforward, upbeat pop song in which Billy Corgan has fun rhyming "dest-o-ny" with "soliloquy." It's got all the marks of the Pumpkins' big hits, making the decision to hold it in favor of "Ava Adore" all the more frustrating.
"Let Me Give the World to You"
- The Smashing Pumpkins
- "Let Me Give the World to You"
From The Archives Issue 1217: September 11, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Barely Legal: 30 Nearly Pornographic Mainstream Films
- 50 Cent Arrested for Profanity-Laced Concert in St. Kitts
- 30 Best 'Game of Thrones' Villains
- Watch Adele Perform 'Someone Like You' at Glastonbury
- Jeff Lynne Explains How Electric Light Orchestra Came Back to Life
- Kanye West Unveils Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- 'Saturday Night Live': All 141 Cast Members Ranked