The British crooner du jour opens this slow-burn, piano-soul monster with "'Cause it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand" like he knows the line is money in the bank (which, c'mon, it is). Then the gospel choir backs him up like it's Memphis '67. If ninth-graders still made mixtapes for their crushes, this would be on all of them.
"Stay With Me"
- Sam Smith
- "Stay With Me"
From The Archives Issue 1207: April 24, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Recap: Winter Is Here
- Watch Adele Perform 'Someone Like You' at Glastonbury
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Kanye West Unveils Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video
- 'Saturday Night Live': All 141 Cast Members Ranked
- Guns N' Roses Thrill in Detroit With Electric Reunion Tour Opener
- How the 'Warcraft' Movie Failed
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time