Drake's new single arrived on the Internet with Cliff's Notes: an open letter from the man himself. "I feel sometimes that people don't have enough information about my beginnings," he wrote. "Started From the Bottom" doesn't exactly fill in the blanks – we learn Drake used to argue with his mom and sometimes borrowed his uncle's car. The real statement is the revamped sound: Drake raps in a higher register over a spare, staccato beat built around a nattering 808 and piano loop. But the result is a duller Drizzy – his rhymes lack his usual wit and flair. The dude seems defensive – unnecessarily, and to the detriment of his music.
"Started From the Bottom"
- "Started From the Bottom"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Cracked5 Wildly Inappropriate Relationships In Movies
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
- Meet the Right-Wing Rebels Who Overthrew John Boehner
- Inside Michael Jackson’s Iconic First Moonwalk Onstage
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Julianne Moore, John Stamos Act in Taylor Swift Soap Opera on 'Corden'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch John Oliver Explain Broken U.S. Mental Health System
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Hear David Bowie's Haunting 'Blackstar' Theme From 'Last Panthers'