Drake's new single arrived on the Internet with Cliff's Notes: an open letter from the man himself. "I feel sometimes that people don't have enough information about my beginnings," he wrote. "Started From the Bottom" doesn't exactly fill in the blanks – we learn Drake used to argue with his mom and sometimes borrowed his uncle's car. The real statement is the revamped sound: Drake raps in a higher register over a spare, staccato beat built around a nattering 808 and piano loop. But the result is a duller Drizzy – his rhymes lack his usual wit and flair. The dude seems defensive – unnecessarily, and to the detriment of his music.
"Started From the Bottom"
- "Started From the Bottom"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked22 Movies That Made Huge Mistakes You Completely Missed
Mental Floss12 Famous Actors Who Were Completely Cut From Movies
TestTubeThe Best Sex Positions
Screen RantTop 10 Most Violent TV Shows
Guitar WorldThe 20 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
- Watch Taylor Swift Sing 'Smelly Cat' With Lisa Kudrow at L.A. Show
- Dez Bryant: The Survivor
- 4chan's Overlord Christopher Poole Reveals Why He Walked Away
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny
- Happy Birthday, 'Highway 61': Dylan's Weirdest, Funniest Album Turns 50
- 10 Great Stevie Ray Vaughan Tributes
- N.W.A: American Gangstas
- The Rise and Fall of a Bitcoin Kingpin