The title track from Paisley's forthcoming LP shows Nashville’s great ambassador affirming his roots while courting the planet. Where 2010's "This Is Country Music" seemed a little defensive, this big-tent cultural fete namechecks NASCAR, Billy Graham and "Ring Of Fire" over arena-rock with steel-guitar detailing. The gist is that home is great, but sometimes a brother needs to get out of his "Southern comfort zone." The allusion to "I Still Haven't Found What I’m Looking For" in the second verse is sly. And the choir singing "Dixie" while he plays guitar god is brilliant. A bit like "Niggas In Paris" for good ol’ boys.
"Southern Comfort Zone"
- Brad Paisley
- "Southern Comfort Zone"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- How LSD Microdosing Became the Hot New Business Trip
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole Trade Beats for 'Black Friday' Surprise
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- 100 Greatest Artists
- The Republicans Are Now Officially the Party of White Paranoia
- 20 Best TV Shows of 2015 So Far