The title track from Paisley's forthcoming LP shows Nashville’s great ambassador affirming his roots while courting the planet. Where 2010's "This Is Country Music" seemed a little defensive, this big-tent cultural fete namechecks NASCAR, Billy Graham and "Ring Of Fire" over arena-rock with steel-guitar detailing. The gist is that home is great, but sometimes a brother needs to get out of his "Southern comfort zone." The allusion to "I Still Haven't Found What I’m Looking For" in the second verse is sly. And the choir singing "Dixie" while he plays guitar god is brilliant. A bit like "Niggas In Paris" for good ol’ boys.
"Southern Comfort Zone"
- Brad Paisley
- "Southern Comfort Zone"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Cracked5 Wildly Inappropriate Relationships In Movies
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
- Watch John Oliver Explain Broken U.S. Mental Health System
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Don Henley on 'Sloppy' Songwriting, National Values and Cultural Decay
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Watch Scorsese, Jagger's 'Vinyl' Trailer: Sex, Drugs, Punk, Mafia
- Drake Debuts Polished Version of Beyonce Collaboration 'Can I'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk