Paisley still has a bit of a scarlet "A" (as in "Accidental Racist") on his Stetson – but that ideological septic spill aside, he's always been one of Nashville's sharpest dudes. This laid-back ode to inner tubes and bikinis, from an album due later this year, comes with a bendy Stones-steeped riff and a clever chorus that's like ad copy for low-budget fun ("We're laughing our way to the river bank"). If there must be bro-country, let it be this genial.
- Brad Paisley
- "River Bank"
From The Archives Issue 1208: May 8, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- In Response to Trump, Another Dangerous Movement Appears
- Barely Legal: 30 Nearly Pornographic Mainstream Films
- ‘Serial’ Subject Adnan Syed: 4 Key Pieces of Evidence, Explained
- The Passion of Dave Grohl
- See David Gilmour Play 'One of These Days' for First Time in 22 Years
- Watch Kanye West's Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video
- FBI Adds 10th Woman to 'Most Wanted' List: Meet Them All
- The Reaction to Brexit Is the Reason Brexit Happened