On his first two albums, Mike Hadreas (a.k.a. Perfume Genius) has explored vulnerable romantic identity using quivery vocals and stark piano for maximum sadness. This song from his upcoming Too Bright has a surprising swagger: Fuzzed-out reverb and crashing drums prove confidence looks just as good on Hadreas as confusion – maybe even better.
- Perfume Genius
From The Archives Issue 1215: August 14, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk
- Keith Richards: Rap Is for 'Tone-Deaf People'
- How Coheed and Cambria Broke Concept-Album Streak on New LP
- Tom Brady Is Free, and Roger Goodell Is Screwed
- Alice Cooper and Joe Perry on Hollywood Vampires' Drunk History
- Watch Slayer and Danny Trejo Film Gore-Drenched Video at L.A. Prison
- Black Sabbath Announce Final Tour 'The End'
- Watch Justin Bieber, Questlove Battle in Drum-Off Rematch on 'Fallon'