There's something admirably – if not always successfully – contrarian about the new Strokes single, as if the former fresh princes of Nu Yawk rock would rather jump in front of the L Train than party like it’s 12:51 ever again. "One Way Trigger" is busy, nerf-y synth-rock with an A-ha melody and Julian Casablancas’ voice wafting out of falsetto hell like Kenneth Parcell trying to sing Al Green at the TGS "Farewell Staff!" karaoke party – in symbolic terms, the equivalent of a Connecticut Muffin opening where your favorite Lower East Side dive bar used be. But then The Voice drops down into that New Wave vampire croon, the razor-boy guitars start nosing their way to the front of the dink-bomb mix, the bass gets all subterranean leery and you start to wonder if maybe that that old black leather jacket magic might find a way to come creeping back to life, or even just life support. We'll have to wait and see.
"One Way Trigger"
- The Strokes
- "One Way Trigger"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- 'Super Troopers 2' Officially a Go After Crowdfunding $4.4 Million
- 5 Things We Learned From 2015 White House Correspondents' Dinner
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set
- Native American Actors Defend Adam Sandler's 'Ridiculous 6'
- Jay Z Defends Tidal: 'We Are Here for the Long Haul'
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video
- Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart Debate Superman vs. Batman