When last we heard from Queens of the Stone Age, in 2011, they were touring on the deluxe reissue of their almighty first album, where they made sun-warped desert metal speed like a bullet train. No wonder, then, that the first single from ...Like Clockwork, QOTSA's first LP in six years, is the band's most gloriously motorik chug monster since those early days. With guest drummer Dave Grohl pounding away, Josh Homme and Co. deliver vintage Queens rumble. The main riff takes off like a trip to the Mushroom Planet as Homme croons about desert roads to nowhere and praises the sun like he never gets tired of staring at it: "Heal them – with fire from above," he cries. Breathe deep.
"My God Is the Sun"
- Queens of the Stone Age
- "My God Is the Sun"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Watch Stephen Colbert's Powerful Monologue About Oregon Shooting
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Robin Williams' Children, Widow Settle Bitter Estate Feud
- Don Henley on 'Sloppy' Songwriting, National Values and Cultural Decay
- 20 Best TV Shows of 2015 So Far
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Maynard James Keenan on New Book, Tool LP: 'Do I Seem Like a Lazy Person?'