James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem unretired from remixing to make this bold 10-minute "Hello Steve Reich Mix" of Bowie's "Love Is Lost." He starts with halting hand claps (inspired by Reich) and prolongs a disjointed mood in the first half, until the keyboard hook from Bowie's "Ashes to Ashes" cues the drop of a minimalist groove that's blue, blue, electric blue. Murphy's coup is to ship Bowie back to Berlin.
"Love Is Lost (Hello Steve Reich Mix by James Murphy for the DFA)"
- David Bowie
- "Love Is Lost (Hello Steve Reich Mix by James Murphy for the DFA)"
From The Archives Issue 1195: November 7, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe Strangest Deaths In Rock History
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Jon Stewart Details Not-So Secret Meetings With Barack Obama
- Yemen's Hidden War
- Donald Trump Can't Stop Calling Things 'Disgusting'
- Hannibal Buress Asks Beverly Hills Dwellers: 'Who Is Meek Mill?'
- 'Kids': The Oral History of the Most Controversial Film of the Nineties
- Morrissey Alleges Sexual Assault at San Francisco Airport