A song about how hard it is to keep the world partying when you feel like dying inside, 'Light Up' was already one of the more poignant tracks on Drake's Thank Me Later. Jay-Z's cameo was note-perfect ('I'm not as cool with niggas as I once was'). But this remix cranks the pathos to 11 with a verse from Lil Wayne — delivered over the phone from freakin' Rikers Island. (Is this how he used his one phone call? Talk about true to the game!) Reception in jail must really suck because the connection is so hazy it renders his commanding bullfrog croak into something thin and frayed. But Wayne is clearly elated to reach out and touch someone, and prison hasn't dulled his cleverness one bit: 'Come to my cell/Readin' fan mail/Wish I was in Amsterdam sippin' Amstel/Thinkin' about all of that pussy I can't smell/Man, they did me wrong — I feel like Nelson Mandel'."
"Light Up (Rikers Remix)"
- Drake feat. Jay-Z and Lil Wayne
- "Light Up (Rikers Remix)"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal37 Things About Sex You Need to Know
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies Of All-Time According To Chris Rock
The Daily Beast7 Movies That Do BDSM Better Than ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
Salon10 Movie Stars Who Want to Be Rock Stars and Are Surprisingly Good
Men's JournalThe 101 Best Beers in America
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- Prince Sued Over Judith Hill's Debut Album Download
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- The Children of ISIS
- Reba at 60: The Country Queen's Iconic Career in Photos
- George Carlin's Website Relaunched With Rare Recordings
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- New Tupac Music From the Vaults Headed for Release