For the past two decades, Steven Tyler has pushed Aerosmith toward power ballads while Joe Perry has lobbied for hard rock. It seems Perry won the argument for this comeback single. "Legendary Child" – from the band's first studio album in eight years, due this fall – is built on stacks of guitars, though it sounds like the band was too busy blasting away to bother with much of a melody. Instead, you get a so–so tune and Tyler–esque wisdom, like "Sticks and stones will break your bones, or at least will rearrange them." It's great to have the fellas back and getting sweaty, but how about tossing in one of those killer sleaze‐rock hooks next time?
- "Legendary Child"
From The Archives Issue 1158: June 7, 2012
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Barely Legal: 30 Nearly Pornographic Mainstream Films
- Kanye West Unveils Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video
- Guns N' Roses Thrill in Detroit With Electric Reunion Tour Opener
- How the 'Warcraft' Movie Failed
- 'Saturday Night Live': All 141 Cast Members Ranked
- 5 Hilarious WTF Courtroom Moments
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- 14 Classic Albums That Flopped When They Were Released