For the past two decades, Steven Tyler has pushed Aerosmith toward power ballads while Joe Perry has lobbied for hard rock. It seems Perry won the argument for this comeback single. "Legendary Child" – from the band's first studio album in eight years, due this fall – is built on stacks of guitars, though it sounds like the band was too busy blasting away to bother with much of a melody. Instead, you get a so–so tune and Tyler–esque wisdom, like "Sticks and stones will break your bones, or at least will rearrange them." It's great to have the fellas back and getting sweaty, but how about tossing in one of those killer sleaze‐rock hooks next time?
- "Legendary Child"
From The Archives Issue 1158: June 7, 2012
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Jon Stewart: Goodbye to the Last Honest Newsman
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- 40 Best Things We Saw at Lollapalooza 2015
- Best of Enemies: Jon Stewart's 10 Favorite 'Daily Show' Targets
- Travis Scott Arrested After Fans Storm Lollapalooza Stage
- Watch Ronda Rousey Knock Out Bethe Correia – In Claymation Form
- Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh: The Big Ten's Big Two
- Robbie Maddison on Cheating Death to Make His 'Pipe Dream' a Reality