For the past two decades, Steven Tyler has pushed Aerosmith toward power ballads while Joe Perry has lobbied for hard rock. It seems Perry won the argument for this comeback single. "Legendary Child" – from the band's first studio album in eight years, due this fall – is built on stacks of guitars, though it sounds like the band was too busy blasting away to bother with much of a melody. Instead, you get a so–so tune and Tyler–esque wisdom, like "Sticks and stones will break your bones, or at least will rearrange them." It's great to have the fellas back and getting sweaty, but how about tossing in one of those killer sleaze‐rock hooks next time?
- "Legendary Child"
From The Archives Issue 1158: June 7, 2012
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Movies, Ranked Worst to Best
- 17 Things You Learn Hanging Out With Adele
- The Oral History of the 'Wayne’s World' 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Scene
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- George Lucas Explains Controversial Greedo–Han Solo 'Star Wars' Edit
- Hear Sunn O)))'s 'Bright' Drone-Metal Return LP, 'Kannon'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole Trade Beats for 'Black Friday' Surprise