For the past two decades, Steven Tyler has pushed Aerosmith toward power ballads while Joe Perry has lobbied for hard rock. It seems Perry won the argument for this comeback single. "Legendary Child" – from the band's first studio album in eight years, due this fall – is built on stacks of guitars, though it sounds like the band was too busy blasting away to bother with much of a melody. Instead, you get a so–so tune and Tyler–esque wisdom, like "Sticks and stones will break your bones, or at least will rearrange them." It's great to have the fellas back and getting sweaty, but how about tossing in one of those killer sleaze‐rock hooks next time?
- "Legendary Child"
From The Archives Issue 1158: June 7, 2012
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Music Megastars Team Up to Launch Streaming Service Tidal
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- The Children of ISIS
- Jason Beghe: The TV Tough Guy Who Took on Scientology
- Inside Scientology
- Don't #Beliebe the Hype: Inside Justin Bieber's Roast
- IHeartRadio Music Awards 2015's 10 Best and Worst Moments