Buddy Holly was one of the Beatles' biggest influences, a pioneer whose simple tunes and insane two-year hot streak inspired John Lennon and Paul McCartney to start writing their own songs. So it's no shock McCartney contributed to Rave On, a giant sundae of a Holly tribute album (featuring the Black Keys, Kid Rock and others) due out June 28th. What's surprising is how awesomely batshit his performance is. Over bar-band chug-a-lug, with scruffy guitars egging him on, he yowls through "It's So Easy" like he popped some Viagra, then set his pants on fire. Things get truly odd around the three-minute mark: The music stops while he launches into a bizarro jive-rap about how he's gonna hit the town with his lady. The chorus kicks back in, then McCartney delivers an even odder rap: "By 'bout half past nine, we're gonna be down by the old juke joint, man, we're gonna be playin' them records, we're gonna be dancin', man, we're gonna have such fun." True, that.
"It's So Easy"
- Paul McCartney
- "It's So Easy"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- Future: Syrup, Strippers and Heavy Angst With the Superstar MC
- The Reaction to Brexit Is the Reason Brexit Happened
- Scotty Moore, Elvis Presley Guitarist, Dead at 84
- Scotty Moore: 10 Essential Songs
- Stephen Colbert: Rio Olympics Are 'Massive Catastrophe'
- 'Game of Thrones': 10 Questions We Have for Season 7
- Robert Reich on What's Next for Bernie — And His Supporters
- 'Saturday Night Live': All 141 Cast Members Ranked