Buddy Holly was one of the Beatles' biggest influences, a pioneer whose simple tunes and insane two-year hot streak inspired John Lennon and Paul McCartney to start writing their own songs. So it's no shock McCartney contributed to Rave On, a giant sundae of a Holly tribute album (featuring the Black Keys, Kid Rock and others) due out June 28th. What's surprising is how awesomely batshit his performance is. Over bar-band chug-a-lug, with scruffy guitars egging him on, he yowls through "It's So Easy" like he popped some Viagra, then set his pants on fire. Things get truly odd around the three-minute mark: The music stops while he launches into a bizarro jive-rap about how he's gonna hit the town with his lady. The chorus kicks back in, then McCartney delivers an even odder rap: "By 'bout half past nine, we're gonna be down by the old juke joint, man, we're gonna be playin' them records, we're gonna be dancin', man, we're gonna have such fun." True, that.
"It's So Easy"
- Paul McCartney
- "It's So Easy"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
Mental Floss10 People Banned From SNL
MTV News6 Cringe-Worthy VMA Moments We’ll Never Forget
Diffuser10 Best Album Closing Tracks
Cracked5 Famous Bands With Backstories That Would Make Great Movies
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny
- The Secrets of an NFL Locker Room
- Janis Joplin's Bandmate Talks Heroin, Pool Hangs in Exclusive Doc Clip
- Nick Kyrgios Loses His Racket (and His Mind) at the US Open
- Alabama Shakes' Brittany Howard Releases New LP as Thunderbitch
- High Desert Suicide: Was a Prison Guard Hazed to Death?
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Tinashe on New 'Joyride' Album: 'Motherf--kers, I Can't Be Ignored'