Buddy Holly was one of the Beatles' biggest influences, a pioneer whose simple tunes and insane two-year hot streak inspired John Lennon and Paul McCartney to start writing their own songs. So it's no shock McCartney contributed to Rave On, a giant sundae of a Holly tribute album (featuring the Black Keys, Kid Rock and others) due out June 28th. What's surprising is how awesomely batshit his performance is. Over bar-band chug-a-lug, with scruffy guitars egging him on, he yowls through "It's So Easy" like he popped some Viagra, then set his pants on fire. Things get truly odd around the three-minute mark: The music stops while he launches into a bizarro jive-rap about how he's gonna hit the town with his lady. The chorus kicks back in, then McCartney delivers an even odder rap: "By 'bout half past nine, we're gonna be down by the old juke joint, man, we're gonna be playin' them records, we're gonna be dancin', man, we're gonna have such fun." True, that.
"It's So Easy"
- Paul McCartney
- "It's So Easy"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Cinema Blend6 Big Questions Every Star Wars Fan Should Be Asking
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Classic Songs That Were Originally Creepy as Hell
SalonTop 10 Oral Sex Scenes
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video
- Bill Withers: The Soul Man Who Walked Away
- Kid Cannabis: The Wild Rise and Violent Fall of a Teenage Weed Kingpin
- Willie Nelson: Why You Should Buy My Weed
- '10 Second Songs' Singer Feels Like a 'Rap God' in 40 Different Styles
- Ice Cube Talks 'Friday': ''Bye Felicia' Is Such a Throwaway Line'
- Rick Rubin on Wrestling and How Roddy Piper Turned the Beastie Boys Bad
- Motley Crue Reveal More Tour Dates, Talk New Stage Additions