The soundtrack to a video commemorating the 35th anniversary of Elvis' death, this is essentially a reissue of the sweetly sentimental country ballad from his self-titled 1956 debut – until just past the halfway point, when his daughter's harmonies float in. Lisa Marie starts out tentative, almost sheepish. But the emotional communion of it settles in, and just like Natalie and Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable," it becomes a legit tear-jerker.
"I Love You Because"
- Elvis and Lisa Marie Presley
- "I Love You Because"
From The Archives Issue 1169: November 8, 2012
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- How LSD Microdosing Became the Hot New Business Trip
- UFC's Conor McGregor: 'Donald Trump Can Shut His Big Mouth'
- Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole Trade Beats for 'Black Friday' Surprise
- Adele's '25' Sells Over Three Million Copies in First Week
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- The Republicans Are Now Officially the Party of White Paranoia
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny