Is Jack White hiding a time machine at Third Man Records HQ? That's the only logical explanation for this White-produced one-off, in which Beck is transformed into a zooted prankster. The A side is a smirking Nashville pastiche ("I just started wanting to punch your face/You might want to wear a helmet just in case"); "Blue Randy" finds Beck sighing sad tales of laser tag over burnt-caramel steel guitar. If the jokes made more sense, they wouldn't be half as funny.
"I Just Started Hating Some People Today"
- "I Just Started Hating Some People Today"
From The Archives Issue 1159: June 21, 2012
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk
- The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here
- Readers' Poll: The 10 Best Elton John Deep Cuts
- Alice Cooper and Joe Perry on Hollywood Vampires' Drunk History
- Keith Richards: Rap Is for 'Tone-Deaf People'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Slayer and Danny Trejo Film Gore-Drenched Video at L.A. Prison
- Watch Justin Bieber, Questlove Battle in Drum-Off Rematch on 'Fallon'