Is Jack White hiding a time machine at Third Man Records HQ? That's the only logical explanation for this White-produced one-off, in which Beck is transformed into a zooted prankster. The A side is a smirking Nashville pastiche ("I just started wanting to punch your face/You might want to wear a helmet just in case"); "Blue Randy" finds Beck sighing sad tales of laser tag over burnt-caramel steel guitar. If the jokes made more sense, they wouldn't be half as funny.
"I Just Started Hating Some People Today"
- "I Just Started Hating Some People Today"
From The Archives Issue 1159: June 21, 2012
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Kanye West Unveils Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video
- Barely Legal: 30 Nearly Pornographic Mainstream Films
- 100 Greatest Drummers of All Time
- Guns N' Roses Thrill in Detroit With Electric Reunion Tour Opener
- Getting Naked on the Cover of Rolling Stone
- How the 'Warcraft' Movie Failed
- Bernie Worrell, Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist, Dead at 72
- Booting Ass and Taking Names: Country's 20 Best Revenge Songs