The Louisiana rapper, finally unincarcerated, leaks hip-hop's most blatant James Brown tribute in decades – fronting what sounds like a full funk band. Riding chicken-scratch guitar vamps, Mystikal mimics awed white folks, confl ates "Brick House" with Seventies porn, remembers Abbott and Costello, rumbles through Ali's jungle, and climaxes saying it proud: a lesson in rap's prehistory.
- "Hit Me"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Movies, Ranked Worst to Best
- The Oral History of the 'Wayne’s World' 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Scene
- 17 Things You Learn Hanging Out With Adele
- George Lucas Explains Controversial Greedo–Han Solo 'Star Wars' Edit
- Watch Superman Unmask Batman in New 'Dawn of Justice' Teaser
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole Trade Beats for 'Black Friday' Surprise
- Jimmy Page Before Led Zeppelin: 20 Great Sixties Session Songs