There would be no Flo Rida had there not first been a Nelly showing how to take half-sung, half-rapped party anthems to the top of the charts. Now, though, the flow of influence has reversed. "Hey Porsche" is a shameless, nearly note-for-note rewrite of Flo Rida's "Whistle," catchy but pitiful: That smell isn't exhaust fumes, it's desperation.
- "Hey Porsche"
From The Archives Issue 1178: March 14, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- 'Obama Out': See President's Scathing Correspondents' Dinner Speech
- See Aretha Franklin Sing Prince's 'Purple Rain' at White House
- Paul McCartney Meets Women Who Inspired Beatles' 'Blackbird'
- Deep Purple Guitarist Ritchie Blackmore Won't Attend Hall of Fame Ceremony
- Drake's New 'Views' Look All Too Familiar
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Neon Trees' Tyler Glenn Slam Mormon Church in New Solo Video
- Radiohead Send Mysterious 'Burn the Witch' Leaflet to Fans