Just 48 hours after the birth of his and Beyoncé's royal heiress, Blue Ivy Carter, Jay-Z served up this postpartum anthem with a lilting Neptunes beat, a news-breaking disclosure about a previous miscarriage ("All the pain of the last time/I prayed so hard it was the last time") and a sample of baby Blue herself. "Glory" is a hip-hop "Isn’t She Lovely," mixing exultant proud-papa sentiments with brand-consolidation braggadocio: "A pinch of Hov, a whole glass of B." But the mood is reflective. "Everybody go through stuff," Jay tells his daughter. "Life is a gift, love, open it up."
- Jay-Z feat. B.I.C.
From The Archives Issue 1148: January 19, 2012
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal37 Things About Sex You Need to Know
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies Of All-Time According To Chris Rock
The Daily Beast7 Movies That Do BDSM Better Than ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
Salon10 Movie Stars Who Want to Be Rock Stars and Are Surprisingly Good
Men's JournalThe 101 Best Beers in America
- The Children of ISIS
- Hear Brad Paisley 'Crush It' on Eric Clapton's 'Layla'
- The Rock on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Watch George Ezra Bring the Folk to 'SNL'
- Coachella, Lollapalooza Festivals Ban Selfie Sticks
- Hugh Jackman Hints at One Last 'Wolverine' Appearance
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- What Does Ted Cruz Look Like?