Just 48 hours after the birth of his and Beyoncé's royal heiress, Blue Ivy Carter, Jay-Z served up this postpartum anthem with a lilting Neptunes beat, a news-breaking disclosure about a previous miscarriage ("All the pain of the last time/I prayed so hard it was the last time") and a sample of baby Blue herself. "Glory" is a hip-hop "Isn’t She Lovely," mixing exultant proud-papa sentiments with brand-consolidation braggadocio: "A pinch of Hov, a whole glass of B." But the mood is reflective. "Everybody go through stuff," Jay tells his daughter. "Life is a gift, love, open it up."
- Jay-Z feat. B.I.C.
From The Archives Issue 1148: January 19, 2012
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
AskMenThe Top 5 Cringiest Movie Sex Scenes
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
DiffuserThe 23 Best Live Album Titles Ever
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
- Inside the Wesleyan Molly Bust
- Rick Moranis Admits He Turned Down 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Cameo
- Meet the Right-Wing Rebels Who Overthrew John Boehner
- Watch Ronda Rousey Challenge Jimmy Fallon to a 'Mario Kart' Rematch
- John Fogerty Explains Creedence Clearwater Revival's Hall of Fame Meltdown
- Daily Fantasy: You're Screwed, Because You're Supposed to Be
- Nicki Minaj Talks Miley Cyrus VMA Slam, Drake/Meek Mill Beef
- Donald Trump Is 'Master Brander,' Says Bill Clinton on 'Colbert'