Just 48 hours after the birth of his and Beyoncé's royal heiress, Blue Ivy Carter, Jay-Z served up this postpartum anthem with a lilting Neptunes beat, a news-breaking disclosure about a previous miscarriage ("All the pain of the last time/I prayed so hard it was the last time") and a sample of baby Blue herself. "Glory" is a hip-hop "Isn’t She Lovely," mixing exultant proud-papa sentiments with brand-consolidation braggadocio: "A pinch of Hov, a whole glass of B." But the mood is reflective. "Everybody go through stuff," Jay tells his daughter. "Life is a gift, love, open it up."
- Jay-Z feat. B.I.C.
From The Archives Issue 1148: January 19, 2012
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Brothers Johnson's Louis Johnson, Michael Jackson Bassist, Dead at 60
- Dave Matthews on Summer Tour: 'We're Trying Not to Suck'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Coldplay Adapt 'Game of Thrones' Into Ridiculous Musical
- Phil Collins Beats The Odds
- Hear Drake and Beyonce Ask 'Can I' on Leaked Song
- Letterman Fan Details Every Frame in Final Show Montage
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time