Why wasn't this fiery rant included on Eminem's last album? Unlike recent smashes "Not Afraid" and "Love the Way You Lie," this newly surfaced track (which didn't make the cut for Recovery) comes without any high concept — just Eminem spewing fantastic bile for five minutes. "I took a hiatus, haters, now I'm back to cause trouble/Got the fuckin' shape of mushroom clouds for thought bubbles," he fumes over producer Just Blaze's martial drum rolls and spare piano line. This is nu-Em at his finest, stone-cold sober but drunk on the sound of his own words. He's got his sense of humor back, too, livening up his vicious verses with a few decent scatological gags and a Brett Favre punch line. Even a flat-toned chorus sung by Blaze can't disrupt Eminem's focus. Just imagine how huge this could have been with a real hooksmith like Drake or Kid Cudi on the assist.
- "Fly Away"
From The Archives Issue 1126: March 17, 2011
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Rolling Stones Kick Off 'Zip Code' Tour With Rock-Solid San Diego Show
- Read Previously Unknown George Harrison Letter From 1966
- Art Garfunkel Lashes Out at Paul Simon in New Interview
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Director Cary Fukunaga Exits Stephen King's 'It' Adaptation
- Watch Paul McCartney and Dave Grohl Perform 'I Saw Her Standing There'
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Smells Like Team Spirit