Black Sabbath without original drummer Bill Ward is Not Quite Black Sabbath. That said, this eight-minute mastodon (from their upcoming LP, the first with Ozzy Osbourne in 35 years) lumbers and surges just fine, as the three original members – Ozzy, guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist/headbanger-god Geezer Butler – unleash the kind of hard-swinging riffs that forever embody the notion of heavy. Osbourne uses his death croon to deliver metallic will-to-power sentiments and urge us to be the master of our fate. "Is this the end of the beginning/Or the beginning of the end?" he sings. Uh, yes?
"End of the Beginning"
- Black Sabbath
- "End of the Beginning"
From The Archives Issue 1184: June 6, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss8 Classic Movie Props That Were Tossed in the Trash
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- See Larry David's 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' 'SNL' Parody
- Watch Larry David and Bernie Sanders' Sinking Ship 'SNL' Sketch
- 28 WTF Moments From the GOP Debate
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Watch Metallica's 'The Night Before' Pre-Super Bowl Concert Live
- Tattoo You: Our Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes 'Blindspot' Gallery