On the second single from her upcoming album, rising cult star (and David Byrne protégée) Annie Clark gets as close to full-on pop as she ever has. Bouncy robo-horns and shaky-on-purpose vocals slide into a retro-futurist chorus that hits like classic Madonna. It's the sound of an art-pop weirdo throwing a curveball by playing it delightfully straight.
- St. Vincent
- "Digital Witness"
From The Archives Issue 1201: January 30, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole Trade Beats for 'Black Friday' Surprise
- How LSD Microdosing Became the Hot New Business Trip
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- The Republicans Are Now Officially the Party of White Paranoia
- Barely Legal: 30 Nearly Pornographic Mainstream Films
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time