This preview of Vampire Weekend's forthcoming third album, Modern Vampires of the City (due May 7th), roars and clatters like a souped-up jalopy, with a cyber-sock-hop groove, surf-guitar outbursts, hand claps and Ezra Koenig's giddily hiccuping vocals, which pitch-shift from Elvis to Michael Jackson to EDM chipmunk. If you were the bookish type, you just might read it as a meta-critique of pop stardom and its dark underbelly; at one point, Koenig creepily suggests, "You got the luck of a Kennedy/So grab the wheel." ("Diane Young" = dyin' young, get it?) At the same time, the song simply rocks up a storm, in a distinctly VW kind of way. Sounds like a band that still has plenty left to prove.
- Vampire Weekend
- "Diane Young"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
Cinema Blend10 Big Things We Learned On The Set Of Amy Schumer's Trainwreck
Salon8 Game of Thrones Stars You Didn’t Know Had Music Careers
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
- Give 'Em Hell, Bernie
- Watch Metallica Perform the National Anthem at San Francisco Giants Game
- Mayweather Defeats Pacquiao, KOs Pay-Per-View Providers
- Preview the David Letterman Primetime Farewell Special
- Scarlett Johansson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Grooveshark Shuts Down After Eight Years
- Flashback: See Five Random Minutes of MTV From Summer 1982
- Roger Waters Slams Silicon Valley's 'Rogues and Thieves'