After 35 years fronting the Pretenders, Hynde is releasing her first solo album, Stockholm, produced by Bjorn Yttling of Swedish outfit Peter, Bjorn and John. Its cutting, springy first single is about people trading it in for wealth and status – the opposite of Hynde, who's still a pure-of-heart rock & roll crank.
- Chrissie Hynde
- "Dark Sunglasses"
From The Archives Issue 1207: April 24, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Kanye West Unveils Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video
- Guns N' Roses Thrill in Detroit With Electric Reunion Tour Opener
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Barely Legal: 30 Nearly Pornographic Mainstream Films
- How the 'Warcraft' Movie Failed
- Getting Naked on the Cover of Rolling Stone
- 5 Hilarious WTF Courtroom Moments
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time