It takes big huevos for an MC to name their song after Public Enemy's agit-rap landmark. But there you go. Spitting bare-knuckle rhymes over turret-gun electro-beats, she's still hurling psychedelic firebombs ("do ya like my perfume? Made it at home with gasoline and 'shrooms") and shouting down Babylon ("it's not me and you, it's the fucking banks!"). And she can still get surprisingly gorgeous, as on the haunting bhangra-styled outro. In short, she sounds hungry, always a good quality in a rapper. So, is she chanting "freedom!", "free them!" or "freak them!" on the chorus? Probably all of the above.
"Bring The Noize"
- "Bring The Noize"
From The Archives Issue 1186: July 4, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed the Bands They Made Famous
Bleacher ReportThe Best and Worst Cast Roles in 15 Great Sports Movies
Cracked20 Popular Songs Written by the Last Person You Expect
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Mental Floss19 Famous People Who Started as Extras
- Ronda Rousey: The World's Most Dangerous Woman
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Why Baltimore Blew Up
- 13 Best and Worst Modern-Horror Movie Remakes
- 10 Completely Vile Things Rick Santorum Has Said
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- 10 TV Shows You Need to Be Watching in 2015
- 10 New Artists You Need to Know: May 2015