It takes big huevos for an MC to name their song after Public Enemy's agit-rap landmark. But there you go. Spitting bare-knuckle rhymes over turret-gun electro-beats, she's still hurling psychedelic firebombs ("do ya like my perfume? Made it at home with gasoline and 'shrooms") and shouting down Babylon ("it's not me and you, it's the fucking banks!"). And she can still get surprisingly gorgeous, as on the haunting bhangra-styled outro. In short, she sounds hungry, always a good quality in a rapper. So, is she chanting "freedom!", "free them!" or "freak them!" on the chorus? Probably all of the above.
"Bring The Noize"
- "Bring The Noize"
From The Archives Issue 1186: July 4, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- 'Obama Out': See President's Scathing Correspondents' Dinner Speech
- See Aretha Franklin Sing Prince's 'Purple Rain' at White House
- Paul McCartney Meets Women Who Inspired Beatles' 'Blackbird'
- Drake's New 'Views' Look All Too Familiar
- Watch Neon Trees' Tyler Glenn Slam Mormon Church in New Solo Video
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Deep Purple Guitarist Ritchie Blackmore Won't Attend Hall of Fame Ceremony
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Paul Rudd Recreate Absurd Styx Music Video