Amos gets proper credit as a drama-pop master (young soul-spillers from Perfect Pussy to Lorde owe her a debt), but she's often underrated as a sonic pathfinder. Here she marries twitchy, low-key electronic burble with confessional piano massaging for a subtle, intense song about the way good art (Cezanne, specifically) can beat bad times.
"16 Shades of Blue"
- Tori Amos
- "16 Shades of Blue"
From The Archives Issue 1209: May 22, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Recap: Winter Is Here
- 'Saturday Night Live': All 141 Cast Members Ranked
- Watch Adele Perform 'Someone Like You' at Glastonbury
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Kanye West Unveils Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video
- Guns N' Roses Thrill in Detroit With Electric Reunion Tour Opener
- How the 'Warcraft' Movie Failed
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time