Stay Wild Sweepstakes Rules
Official Rules for the Stay Wild Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Open to residents of the continental United States and the District of Columbia (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF ALASKA, HAWAII OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, PUERTO RICO, AND OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES) ages 18 and older as of the promotion start date.
SPONSOR: Rolling Stone LLC (“Rolling Stone”)
How to Enter:
1. To enter the Stay Wild Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), review these Rules and share a photo of yourself connecting with nature (a “Photo”) either:
• follow @rollingstonevip on Twitter (twitter.com/rollingstonevip) and tweet the Photo at @rollingstonevip by either sending a reply to @rollingstonevip with the hashtag #Staywild;
• go to rollingstone.com/staywild and upload the Photo there and follow the registration and entry directions therein.
The promotion start date is May 24, 2013. Entries must be received no later than June 24, 2013, 11:59:59 PM, Eastern Time (ET). Limit one entry per person and per Twitter account. Multiple entries will not be accepted. If responding by reply to @rollingstonevip and you win, then you will be asked to “Follow” @rollingstoneVIP and @rollingstonevip will follow you so that you can send a DM to Rolling Stone with your contact information. Subsequently, you may “Unfollow” @rollingstonevip at any time. If you do not have a Twitter account, you may visit www.twitter.com and register in accordance with the enrolment instructions for a free Twitter account. Rolling Stone is not responsible for late or misdirected entries or transmission errors.
2. Entries are void if they are in whole or in part illegible or incomplete, or misidentified. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries.
3. Rolling Stone LLC (“Sponsor”) and its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account.
1. From all eligible submissions, one (1) entry will be selected at random on or about June 25, 2013 by Sponsor, whose decisions concerning all matters related to this Sweepstakes are final and binding.
2. Winnerwill be notified either via email or via a general Tweet announcement by @rollingstonevip. Each winner must then allow @rollingstonevip to “follow” winner on Twitter so that Sponsor can contact winner via a Direct Message. If winner does not allow @rollingstonevip to follow him or her or enable the functionality to receive a Direct Message, then Sponsor will select another winner. After one week with no response from winner, Sponsor is also at liberty to select a new winner. Winner must provide Sponsor with full contact details in order to be awarded the prize. Subsequently, winner may “unfollow” @rollingstonevip at any time. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
1. The winning entrant shall receive a trip for two to a major music festival in 2014 (the “Prize”), which shall include:
• Two (2) tickets to a major U.S. music festival in 2014 of winner’s choice from a list provided by Sponsor (the “Event”);
• Two (2) nights hotel stay, standard room, double occupancy during the Event in the Event city; and
• Roundtrip coach airfare from major airport nearest to Winner’s residence to Event city for Winner and Travel Companion to attend the Event.
The Prize has an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $2,500. Actual retail value of the Prize may vary. If the Winner cannot travel on the dates required to attend the Event, Winner will forfeit the Prize in its entirety and Sponsor may, at its option, either select a second place winner in his or her place or be relieved of liability for fulfillment of the Prize. Winner is responsible for any expenses not expressly included in the Prize description, such as ground transportation expenses, incidentals, meals, beverages and any other expenses. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
This Sweepstakes is open to residents of the continental United States and the District of Columbia (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF ALASKA, HAWAII OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, PUERTO RICO, AND OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES), ages 18 and older as of the promotion start date. Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties in anyway involved in the development, production, or distribution of this Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. All state and local restrictions apply.
1. No substitutions, transfers or assignments of prizes allowed. Prizes are non-redeemable for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
2. All expenses, including taxes, related to receipt and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of any prize valued at $600 or more. Consult with your tax professional regarding potential tax implications.
3. Winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”). The Affidavit must be completed and returned within ten (10) days of notification or winners will forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected. Should the ARV of the prize equal or exceed $600.00, winners shall be required to provide a Social Security Number or a Taxpayer Identification Number to Sponsor for issuance of a 1099 Form. Noncompliance, or return of prize notification as undeliverable or inability to locate finalist within 5 days after notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate finalist. Winner’s travel companion must execute a Release of Liability Form prior to ticketing. Winner’s travel companion must be 18 years or older. Winner and travel companion will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification relating to acceptance and use of the travel prize. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to prize Winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
4. By accepting a prize, winner(s) grant to Sponsor the right to use his/her name(s), likeness(es), hometown(s) and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials, including posting on the Sponsor’s website, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
5. By participating in the Sweepstakes and accepting any prize, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, History Channel, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, "Released Parties") from and against any and all liability whatsoever for any loss, harm, damage, injury, cause of action, claim, cost or expense (including without limitation any property damage, personal injury and/or death) arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or possession, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize.
Released Parties shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any performer(s)/event(s), air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the Winner's and his/her travel companion’s transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the Winner, his/her travel companion and such transportation companies. Released Parties shall not be parties to such contracts and shall assume no responsibility in this connection. Released Parties shall not be liable for any loss, theft or damage of cash, cameras, jewelry, securities, heirlooms, negotiable papers or other valuables.
Released Parties are not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
6. In addition to these Official Rules, you agree to be bound by all Twitter policies, which are incorporated as part of these Official Rules.
7. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes consent to use entrant’s name, biographical information, image and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrant releases and holds harmless the Released Parties for any liability, claims and causes of action based on defamation or violation of rights of publicity or privacy.
8. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the prize will be awarded to the person to whom the Twitter account is registered. You may not create multiple Twitter accounts to enter the Sweepstakes. You may not post the entry tweet more than once.
9. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of rollingstone.com or who is otherwise in violation of the Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes in the event the Sweepstakes is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, or technical failures of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR TAMPER WITH OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. ARBITRATION and WAIVER OF CERTAIN DAMAGES: As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other indirect damages, (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator located in New York County, New York; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred including costs associated with entering this promotion, but in no event attorney’s fees. Disputes arising from this Sweepstakes will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of laws principles.
To receive a copy of the winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sponsor at address listed below by July 31, 2013.
Rolling Stone LLC, 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10104.