During an interview Friday, Wu-Tang Clan mastermind RZA let us in on a hit tip: Wu-Tang are taking on the Beatles. Due November 13th, the Clan's upcoming fifth album, 8 Diagrams, has a track RZA is currently calling "Gently Weeps." It features a sample of the Beatles' "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," which is cool enough. But what's even cooler is the fact that Wu-Tang's cover of the song features Red Hot Chili Pepper John Frusciante on lead guitar and Dhani Harrison, George Harrison's twenty-nine-year-old son, on acoustic. "He's the biggest Wu-Tang fan in the world," RZA says of Harrison, whom RZA called in for the session. "He knew all the kung fu shit [we reference]! That's deep! I told him I would be honored if he played his father's song." The Wu song, which RZA says is about the destructive power of heroin, features Wu-Tang rapping over the band's cover of the Beatles track. Method Man plays a smack addict, while Ghostface Killah plays a dope dealer and, in RZA's words, lays down "one of the best lyrics I've ever heard him say."
Wu-Tang Clan Cover the Beatles With Help From George Harrison's Son, John Frusciante
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Drake Debuts Polished Version of Beyonce Collaboration 'Can I'
- New Sam Smith Bond Theme Video Reveals 'Spectre' Footage
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- How Radiohead Shocked the World: A 15th-Anniversary Salute to 'Kid A'
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Maynard James Keenan on New Book, Tool LP: 'Do I Seem Like a Lazy Person?'