During an interview Friday, Wu-Tang Clan mastermind RZA let us in on a hit tip: Wu-Tang are taking on the Beatles. Due November 13th, the Clan's upcoming fifth album, 8 Diagrams, has a track RZA is currently calling "Gently Weeps." It features a sample of the Beatles' "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," which is cool enough. But what's even cooler is the fact that Wu-Tang's cover of the song features Red Hot Chili Pepper John Frusciante on lead guitar and Dhani Harrison, George Harrison's twenty-nine-year-old son, on acoustic. "He's the biggest Wu-Tang fan in the world," RZA says of Harrison, whom RZA called in for the session. "He knew all the kung fu shit [we reference]! That's deep! I told him I would be honored if he played his father's song." The Wu song, which RZA says is about the destructive power of heroin, features Wu-Tang rapping over the band's cover of the Beatles track. Method Man plays a smack addict, while Ghostface Killah plays a dope dealer and, in RZA's words, lays down "one of the best lyrics I've ever heard him say."
Wu-Tang Clan Cover the Beatles With Help From George Harrison's Son, John Frusciante
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- 10 Things We Learned From L.A. Reid's Juicy Tell-All
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- WTF Happened in the New Hampshire Primary, Explained
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic