During an interview Friday, Wu-Tang Clan mastermind RZA let us in on a hit tip: Wu-Tang are taking on the Beatles. Due November 13th, the Clan's upcoming fifth album, 8 Diagrams, has a track RZA is currently calling "Gently Weeps." It features a sample of the Beatles' "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," which is cool enough. But what's even cooler is the fact that Wu-Tang's cover of the song features Red Hot Chili Pepper John Frusciante on lead guitar and Dhani Harrison, George Harrison's twenty-nine-year-old son, on acoustic. "He's the biggest Wu-Tang fan in the world," RZA says of Harrison, whom RZA called in for the session. "He knew all the kung fu shit [we reference]! That's deep! I told him I would be honored if he played his father's song." The Wu song, which RZA says is about the destructive power of heroin, features Wu-Tang rapping over the band's cover of the Beatles track. Method Man plays a smack addict, while Ghostface Killah plays a dope dealer and, in RZA's words, lays down "one of the best lyrics I've ever heard him say."
Wu-Tang Clan Cover the Beatles With Help From George Harrison's Son, John Frusciante
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most ‘Elite’ Sex Party
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Children of ISIS
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- Roger Daltrey: 'I Want Us to Stop at the Top of Our Game'
- Dr. Dre Talks N.W.A Biopic, Eazy-E's Death, Eminem and Making New Music
- Andy Summers on the Police: 'We Were the Most Desirable Men in the World'
- Sara Evans Blasts Fox's 'Last Man on Earth': 'I Was Thoroughly Disgusted'
- Flashback: The Unedited 'Boats 'N Hoes' Video From 'Step Brothers'
- What the Right Wing Gets Wrong About Bowe Bergdahl