It's no secret Big & Rich's John Rich is a McCain supporter, as he's written an ode to the Republican presidential candidate entitled "Raising McCain." Rich recently lumped Johnny Cash into the fan club, saying "I'm sure Johnny Cash would have been a John McCain supporter if he was still around" in an article than ran on CMT.com. Unfortunately for Rich, Rosanne Cash disagreed with Rich's assumption, saying in a statement, "It is appalling to me that people still want to invoke my father's name, five years after his death, to ascribe beliefs, ideals, values and loyalties to him that cannot possibly be determined and to try to further their own agendas by doing so. Even I would not presume to say publicly what I 'know' he thought or felt. This is especially dangerous in the case of political affiliation. It is unfair and presumptuous to use him to bolster any platform." The moral of the story is maybe Rich should stick to turning Julio Iglesias Jr. into a Nashville star rather than guessing the political leanings of dead country icons.
Would Johnny Cash Support John McCain? Rosanne Cash Says No
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- Hear Pete Townshend's Orchestral Remake of the Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me'
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Watch Jason Isbell Pay Tribute to Warren Zevon on 'Letterman'
- 'The Voice' Finalists and Coaches Applaud Show's Country Connections
- Lifetime Developing 'Unauthorized Full House' Movie
- Watch Brandon Flowers' Creepy, Retro 'Lonely Town' Video