It's no secret Big & Rich's John Rich is a McCain supporter, as he's written an ode to the Republican presidential candidate entitled "Raising McCain." Rich recently lumped Johnny Cash into the fan club, saying "I'm sure Johnny Cash would have been a John McCain supporter if he was still around" in an article than ran on CMT.com. Unfortunately for Rich, Rosanne Cash disagreed with Rich's assumption, saying in a statement, "It is appalling to me that people still want to invoke my father's name, five years after his death, to ascribe beliefs, ideals, values and loyalties to him that cannot possibly be determined and to try to further their own agendas by doing so. Even I would not presume to say publicly what I 'know' he thought or felt. This is especially dangerous in the case of political affiliation. It is unfair and presumptuous to use him to bolster any platform." The moral of the story is maybe Rich should stick to turning Julio Iglesias Jr. into a Nashville star rather than guessing the political leanings of dead country icons.
Would Johnny Cash Support John McCain? Rosanne Cash Says No
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- How Metallica's Kirk Hammett Is Redefining the Sound of Guitar
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- DMX Hospitalized in Stable Condition After Collapse
- Max Weinberg on 'River' Tour, What He Learned From Bruce Springsteen
- Watch Blue Jean Committee Help Hall & Oates Announce Summer Tour