It's no secret Big & Rich's John Rich is a McCain supporter, as he's written an ode to the Republican presidential candidate entitled "Raising McCain." Rich recently lumped Johnny Cash into the fan club, saying "I'm sure Johnny Cash would have been a John McCain supporter if he was still around" in an article than ran on CMT.com. Unfortunately for Rich, Rosanne Cash disagreed with Rich's assumption, saying in a statement, "It is appalling to me that people still want to invoke my father's name, five years after his death, to ascribe beliefs, ideals, values and loyalties to him that cannot possibly be determined and to try to further their own agendas by doing so. Even I would not presume to say publicly what I 'know' he thought or felt. This is especially dangerous in the case of political affiliation. It is unfair and presumptuous to use him to bolster any platform." The moral of the story is maybe Rich should stick to turning Julio Iglesias Jr. into a Nashville star rather than guessing the political leanings of dead country icons.
Would Johnny Cash Support John McCain? Rosanne Cash Says No
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Brothers Johnson's Louis Johnson, Michael Jackson Bassist, Dead at 60
- Dave Matthews on Summer Tour: 'We're Trying Not to Suck'
- End Game: TV's Best and Worst Series Finales
- Hear Drake and Beyonce Ask 'Can I' on Leaked Song
- Watch Coldplay Adapt 'Game of Thrones' Into Ridiculous Musical
- Letterman Fan Details Every Frame in Final Show Montage
- Taylor Swift Breaks Down Banjo-Free 1989 Tour: 'It's Not a Country Show'
- Flashback: See Dolly Parton's Heavenly Collaboration on 'Sweetest Gift'