On October 22nd, Rounder Records will release a six-CD set titled American Radical Patriot, celebrating the life and work of Woody Guthrie. The release will make Guthrie's complete Library of Congress recordings available in their entirety for the first time and will also contain a DVD, 60-page booklet, and even a 78-RPM 10-inch vinyl record with Bob Dylan's performance of "VD City" and Guthrie singing "The Biggest Thing That Man Has Ever Done." Now you can also take an exclusive first listen to an early, grainy version of "Pastures of Plenty." Soaked in white noise, Guthrie's drawl buzzes around simple but eerie guitar plucks, giving the track a chilling feel of dire yearning.
Woody Guthrie's Drawling 'Pastures of Plenty': Song Premiere
Get an exclusive first listen to a track from upcoming 6-CD set
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
SpinThe 50 Best Rock Bands Right Now
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' Album Livestream
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- Kanye West's Surreal Album Launch: Fashion and Music Collide
- 19 Great Moments From the Sixth Democratic Debate
- Black Lives Matter Co-Founder to Beyonce: 'Welcome to the Movement'
- Bernie Sanders Unveils Moving New Ad With Eric Garner's Daughter
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power