On October 22nd, Rounder Records will release a six-CD set titled American Radical Patriot, celebrating the life and work of Woody Guthrie. The release will make Guthrie's complete Library of Congress recordings available in their entirety for the first time and will also contain a DVD, 60-page booklet, and even a 78-RPM 10-inch vinyl record with Bob Dylan's performance of "VD City" and Guthrie singing "The Biggest Thing That Man Has Ever Done." Now you can also take an exclusive first listen to an early, grainy version of "Pastures of Plenty." Soaked in white noise, Guthrie's drawl buzzes around simple but eerie guitar plucks, giving the track a chilling feel of dire yearning.
Woody Guthrie's Drawling 'Pastures of Plenty': Song Premiere
Get an exclusive first listen to a track from upcoming 6-CD set
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- 'Fantastic Four' Prepare for Future in New Trailer
- Watch Stevie Nicks Perform a Serene, Solo 'Blue Water'
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- 5 Ways the WWE Can Rescue Roman Reigns
- Strippers, Rappers and VR Porn: Welcome to Internext
- Lance Armstrong Talks Trash in RATM Offshoot Future User's 'Mountain Lion' Video
- Louis C.K. 'Disappoints' on 'Letterman,' Talks 'Deflategate'