Good news for fans of ass-kicking Australian bands: Wolfmother are hard at work on a new album. According to singer Andrew Stockdale, the band is looking to release the as-yet-untitled album early next year. "It's kind of cinematic, and it's kind of epic," Stockdale says of the new disc. "But there's also this fully aggressive side that's undeniably explosive." Wolfmother have yet to select a producer, but Stockdale says they have about ten songs ready to go, including a track called "Back Home," which is one of the singer-guitarist's favorites. "Other bands are like, 'Yeah, we wrote sixty songs and edited it down to this,'" says Stockdale, who's been writing both at his new house in Brisbane and while vacationing in Byron Bay. "We spend a lot of time on each song, crafting it, changing the key, changing the arrangement, and so on. We don't like to write thousands of songs."
Wolfmother Hard at Work on "Cinematic, Epic" New Album
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- Watch Terry Crews Punch Out Mike Tyson on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart Debate Superman vs. Batman
- Motley Crue on Rock Hall Chances and Why Bands Need Retirement Contracts
- Secrets of 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Joss Whedon Tells All
- 10 Things We Learned From Johnny Rotten's 'Uncensored' New Memoir
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set
- Joan Jett: Built to Rock
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video