Good news for fans of ass-kicking Australian bands: Wolfmother are hard at work on a new album. According to singer Andrew Stockdale, the band is looking to release the as-yet-untitled album early next year. "It's kind of cinematic, and it's kind of epic," Stockdale says of the new disc. "But there's also this fully aggressive side that's undeniably explosive." Wolfmother have yet to select a producer, but Stockdale says they have about ten songs ready to go, including a track called "Back Home," which is one of the singer-guitarist's favorites. "Other bands are like, 'Yeah, we wrote sixty songs and edited it down to this,'" says Stockdale, who's been writing both at his new house in Brisbane and while vacationing in Byron Bay. "We spend a lot of time on each song, crafting it, changing the key, changing the arrangement, and so on. We don't like to write thousands of songs."
Wolfmother Hard at Work on "Cinematic, Epic" New Album
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- WTF Happened in the New Hampshire Primary, Explained
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- What Would Actually Happen If We Broke Up the Banks?
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- Watch Samantha Bee Tear Down Kansas Senator on 'Full Frontal' Premiere