Good news for fans of ass-kicking Australian bands: Wolfmother are hard at work on a new album. According to singer Andrew Stockdale, the band is looking to release the as-yet-untitled album early next year. "It's kind of cinematic, and it's kind of epic," Stockdale says of the new disc. "But there's also this fully aggressive side that's undeniably explosive." Wolfmother have yet to select a producer, but Stockdale says they have about ten songs ready to go, including a track called "Back Home," which is one of the singer-guitarist's favorites. "Other bands are like, 'Yeah, we wrote sixty songs and edited it down to this,'" says Stockdale, who's been writing both at his new house in Brisbane and while vacationing in Byron Bay. "We spend a lot of time on each song, crafting it, changing the key, changing the arrangement, and so on. We don't like to write thousands of songs."
Wolfmother Hard at Work on "Cinematic, Epic" New Album
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Madonna Plots Rebel Heart Tour for North America, Europe
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Kanye West Reveals New Album Title 'So Help Me God'
- Dakota Johnson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- As Nasty as They Wanna Be: The 20 Dirtiest Album Covers of All Time
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?