During a concert in Winnipeg, Manitoba, the Canadian rocker told her audience that "Wish You Were Here" was about missing someone. "It's something we all go through in our lives," she added. While many fans assumed this regretful song was about her recent divorce from Sum 41's Deryck Whibley, who produced half of her Goodbye Lullaby album, Lavigne told Rolling Stone the songs on Lullaby were not breakup tunes. "People will make assumptions, but they'd be surprised what certain songs are about," she said. Still, this song's vulnerability marked new territory for the normally feisty pop-punker.
Wish You Were Here
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- John Lennon's Ex-Wife Cynthia Dead at 75
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Avril Lavigne Was 'Bedridden' Following Battle With Lyme Disease
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Kendrick Lamar Recorded With Prince for 'To Pimp a Butterfly'
- Watch Jimmy Fallon and Ethan Hawke Perform Bob Dylan Lullabies
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue