British post-punk legends Wire made their first appearance on American television in nearly a quarter century last night on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. The band played the title track to their 12th LP Red Barked Tree, which came out in January. The group has broken up three times since their formation in 1976, but have stuck together since a reunion tour in 2006 to celebrate their 30th anniversary. Original guitarist Bruce Gilbert, however, left the group a few years ago. Wire is touring America all this month, leading up their performance at Coachella on April 16th.
Post-Punk Legends Wire Perform 'Red Barked Trees' on Fallon
Band makes first American TV appearance in almost 25 years
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily BeastThe Hottest Movies at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
MicWhy The Grammys Will Never Represent Real Music
MicThe Best Hip-Hop of 2014 Came From A Very Unlikely Place
Men's Journal10 Health Benefits of Being in a Relationship
The Daily Beast‘American Sniper’ Divides Hollywood
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Paul McCartney, Kanye West, Rihanna Team Up for 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Watch Korn and Slipknot Cover Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' in London
- Cicada: Solving the Web's Deepest Mystery
- Noel Gallagher on Oasis Reunion: 'It Would Only Be for the Money'
- Flashback: Neil Young Covers 'Sweet Home Alabama' in 1977
- Xmas or Bust: The Untold Story of 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation'
- Blake Shelton on ‘Saturday Night Live’ Gig: ‘I’m a Natural at Making an Ass of Myself’