British post-punk legends Wire made their first appearance on American television in nearly a quarter century last night on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. The band played the title track to their 12th LP Red Barked Tree, which came out in January. The group has broken up three times since their formation in 1976, but have stuck together since a reunion tour in 2006 to celebrate their 30th anniversary. Original guitarist Bruce Gilbert, however, left the group a few years ago. Wire is touring America all this month, leading up their performance at Coachella on April 16th.
Post-Punk Legends Wire Perform 'Red Barked Trees' on Fallon
Band makes first American TV appearance in almost 25 years
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- 'Daily Show' Defends Beyonce's Super Bowl Performance, Slams Haters
- Hear David Crosby's Tender New Ballad With Snarky Puppy
- 25 Musicians 'Feeling the Bern' for Bernie Sanders
- Alice Cooper Talks Guns N' Roses Reunion: 'Where's Izzy?'
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- Watch Seal, Ewan McGregor, Gary Oldman Lead David Bowie Tribute
- Beyonce's Black Southern 'Formation'