British post-punk legends Wire made their first appearance on American television in nearly a quarter century last night on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. The band played the title track to their 12th LP Red Barked Tree, which came out in January. The group has broken up three times since their formation in 1976, but have stuck together since a reunion tour in 2006 to celebrate their 30th anniversary. Original guitarist Bruce Gilbert, however, left the group a few years ago. Wire is touring America all this month, leading up their performance at Coachella on April 16th.
Post-Punk Legends Wire Perform 'Red Barked Trees' on Fallon
Band makes first American TV appearance in almost 25 years
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich on New Album: 'We Are F--king in It!'
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- Watch GZA, Tom Morello Bring Hip-Hop Anthem to 'Fallon'
- Hear Violent Femmes' First New Song in 15 Years
- Why Is This Man Still in Jail?
- Metallica Kick Off Reissue Project With 'No Life 'Til Leather' Cassette
- Prison Proves Being Gay Is a Choice, Says GOP Pres Hopeful Ben Carson
- Blake Shelton Continues Chart-Topping Hot Streak