If you're looking to do a little charity work in your spare time, perhaps you should consider becoming a marijuana-legalization activist. You can start tomorrow, by attending the Austin Freedom Fest, a pot-promoting charity concert organized by (who else) Willie Nelson, a totally authentic rock star who pulled off a collaboration with Jessica Simpson while retaining every ounce of his cool and, of course, got busted for toting around several pounds of drugs. Nelson is headlining the festival, all proceeds from which will benefit four marijuana-policy-reform groups that seek to stop the war on drugs. "I'd like to see it taxed and regulated and looked upon as nothing more or less dangerous than alcohol or cigarettes," Nelson said. The seventy-five-year-old rocker no longer smokes cigarettes or drinks alcohol but challenges anyone who claims the pot he's been smoking for fifty years has made him stupid. "I do a two-hour show every night and remember forty or fifty songs," the singer said. "So I challenge anyone out there [to remember them as well as I do]. You might tie it, but I doubt you can beat it."
Willie Nelson To Headline Marijuana-Legalization Festival in Austin
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- John Lennon's Ex-Wife Cynthia Dead at 75
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Steven Tyler Announces Solo Country Album
- How Courtney Barnett's Thoughts Became 2015's Sharpest Debut
- Watch Jimmy Fallon and Ethan Hawke Perform Bob Dylan Lullabies