If you're looking to do a little charity work in your spare time, perhaps you should consider becoming a marijuana-legalization activist. You can start tomorrow, by attending the Austin Freedom Fest, a pot-promoting charity concert organized by (who else) Willie Nelson, a totally authentic rock star who pulled off a collaboration with Jessica Simpson while retaining every ounce of his cool and, of course, got busted for toting around several pounds of drugs. Nelson is headlining the festival, all proceeds from which will benefit four marijuana-policy-reform groups that seek to stop the war on drugs. "I'd like to see it taxed and regulated and looked upon as nothing more or less dangerous than alcohol or cigarettes," Nelson said. The seventy-five-year-old rocker no longer smokes cigarettes or drinks alcohol but challenges anyone who claims the pot he's been smoking for fifty years has made him stupid. "I do a two-hour show every night and remember forty or fifty songs," the singer said. "So I challenge anyone out there [to remember them as well as I do]. You might tie it, but I doubt you can beat it."
Willie Nelson To Headline Marijuana-Legalization Festival in Austin
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- How J.J. Abrams and Hulu Brought Stephen King's '11.22.63' to TV
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue
- 25 Musicians 'Feeling the Bern' for Bernie Sanders
- Beyonce's Black Southern 'Formation'
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best