Los Lobos' David Hidalgo and Louie Perez got the idea for the band's self-defining anthem when they spotted a photo of a wolf running across a frozen lake in National Geographic and realized it was a perfect metaphor for their underdog status. "We just tried to tell a story," Hidalgo explained. Said sax player/co-producer Steve Berlin, "One day in rehearsal, Dave came in and started playing the chords of 'Will the Wolf Survive?' and I thought to myself, 'This song changes everything.' It was the first time we'd created something that was quintessentially us. It was an epiphany moment."
Will the Wolf Survive?
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Metallica Kick Off Reissue Project With 'No Life 'Til Leather' Cassette
- What Is Meow Meow, the Drug That Made a Teen Cut Off His Genitals?
- 'WWE Raw': Jon Stewart Delivers Jersey Justice
- Mumford & Sons Talk Going Electric on New Album ‘Wilder Mind’
- See Jimmy Fallon and Kelly Clarkson Harmonize the History of Duets
- Bob Dylan Has Recorded Another Album of Frank Sinatra Songs
- Kelly Clarkson Talks 'Since U Been Gone,' Going Country and Upbeat New LP
- Tiger Woods: Stranger Than Fiction