Los Lobos' David Hidalgo and Louie Perez got the idea for the band's self-defining anthem when they spotted a photo of a wolf running across a frozen lake in National Geographic and realized it was a perfect metaphor for their underdog status. "We just tried to tell a story," Hidalgo explained. Said sax player/co-producer Steve Berlin, "One day in rehearsal, Dave came in and started playing the chords of 'Will the Wolf Survive?' and I thought to myself, 'This song changes everything.' It was the first time we'd created something that was quintessentially us. It was an epiphany moment."
Will the Wolf Survive?
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- 'Super Troopers 2' Officially a Go After Crowdfunding $4.4 Million
- 5 Things We Learned From 2015 White House Correspondents' Dinner
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Native American Actors Defend Adam Sandler's 'Ridiculous 6'
- Jay Z Defends Tidal: 'We Are Here for the Long Haul'
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video
- Jared Leto Debuts Ghoulish 'Suicide Squad' Version of the Joker