Wilco are eyeing a Spring 2009 release for their next album, Jeff Tweedy told an Albany, New York radio station. Whereas their last album Sky Blue Sky was recorded under almost jam-session circumstances, Tweedy says the band will "allow ourselves a little bit more leeway in terms of sculpting the sound in the studio and doing overdubs and using the studio as another instrument. Last time around, it was more of a document." Wilco are already performing a pair of new songs live: "One Wing," which is reportedly reminiscent of Sky Blue closer "On and On and On," and the looser, riff-driven "Sunny Feeling." While Tweedy said following the release of Sky Blue Sky that those studio sessions resulted in a number of unfinished songs, it's unclear whether those tunes will be the basis for the band's seventh album.
Wilco Plan Spring '09 Release For More-Sculpted New Album
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss10 Artists Who Hated Their Biggest Hit
Guitar WorldThe 25 Greatest Acoustic Songs In Hard Rock
VultureThe 30 Most Important Sex Scenes in Movie History
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
TestTubeHow Much Sex Should You Be Having?
Salon10 Songs With Hidden Drug References
- See Radiohead Play 'Creep' Live For First Time in Seven Years
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Halftime Report : Who's Alive, Who's Dead
- R.I.P., GOP: How Trump Is Killing the Republican Party
- Billboard Music Awards 2016: 20 Best and Worst Moments
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Hold the Door
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Hear Russian Circles' New Cinematic Instrumental 'Vorel'
- The Curse of the Ramones