Even though the White Stripes cancelled their 2007 tour obligations due to Meg White's "acute anxiety," the Detroit duo aren't going into a prolonged hibernation. Yesterday, the band announced on their Web site and MySpace page that they have filmed an "exciting" new video (mind out of gutter, please), as well as three new, never-before-heard original songs (including one "special collaboration") and a re-recording of an Icky Thump track, which we know the band has an affinity for doing. As for any specifics — the release date, the special collaboration (though could this be it?), the reworked song, the new video premiere and what's it a video for — the Stripes are keeping a tight lid on the information for now.
White Stripes Hint At "Exciting New Video," Three Never-Before-Heard Songs, Special Collaboration
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Lady Gaga Sing Stirring National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars Rock Super Bowl 50 Halftime
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Larry David on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- See Larry David's 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' 'SNL' Parody