Weezer announced the track listing for their dictionary-defying new album Raditude on their official Website yesterday. As you'd expect from a band that put a crazed airborne dog on its album cover, the track list for the October 27th LP features its share of audacious song titles.
First single "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To" opens up the album, and it's followed by a trio of song titles that'll make you think LMFAO or 3OH!3 served as ghostwriters: "I'm Your Daddy," "The Girl Got Hot" and "Can't Start Partying." We're officially in a territory very far removed from "Tired Of Sex." Also, tracks eight and nine seem to form some kind of unofficial medley, as "Let It All Hang Out" slides to "In the Mall." Keeping with an ongoing motif in Weezer history, there are only 10 songs on the standard release.
As with last year's Weezer the 3rd, (or The Red Album), the album will be available both in a standard and a deluxe edition. The deluxe edition will tack on four extra tracks, which, as those of you who purchased the deluxe Red can attest, may represent some of the best songs on the album. Plus, when purchased on iTunes, Raditude will be accompanied by another bonus song called "The Story of My Life." Pre-ordering on the digital music service will secure you Weezer's mash-up of MGMT's "Kids" and Lady Gaga's "Poker Face."
1. "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To"
2. "I'm Your Daddy"
3. "The Girl Got Hot"
4. "Can't Stop Partying"
5. "Put Me Back Together"
6. "Trippin' Down The Freeway"
7. "Love Is the Answer"
8. "Let It All Hang Out"
9. "In The Mall"
10. "I Don't Want To Let You Go"
(11. "The Story Of My Life" - iTunes bonus)
(12. "Kids/Poker Face" - iTunes pre-order bonus)
11. "Get Me Some"
12. "Run Over By A Truck"
13. "The Prettiest Girl In the Whole Wide World"
14. "The Underdogs"
(15. "The Story Of My Life" - iTunes bonus)
(16. "Kids/Poker Face" - iTunes pre-order bonus)
• Weezer's "Raditude" Joins Canon of Dictionary-Defying Album Titles
• Weezer Nab "National Geographic" Dog Photo for "Raditude" Cover
• Weezer Announce October 27th Release Date For New Album
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus