A three-and-a-half-minute slice of mainstream guitar rock with a touch of girl-group pop, "Walk Like an Egyptian" also contains a whiff of novelty, with its odd subject matter of observing life on the Nile and the brief bout of whistling in the instrumental break. Written by Liam Sternberg, a demo featuring Marti Jones on vocals was turned down by Toni Basil of "Mickey" fame before making its way to the Bangles. Singer and drummer Debbi Peterson doesn't appear on the record, accounting in part for her description of the track in Rolling Stone as "a nice little novelty song kind of thing, but I don't feel like it's us."
Walk Like an Egyptian
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- See Jimmy Fallon and Kelly Clarkson Harmonize the History of Duets
- Carrie Underwood Welcomes Baby Boy
- Metallica Kick Off Reissue Project With 'No Life 'Til Leather' Cassette
- Why Is This Man Still in Jail?
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Mumford & Sons Talk Going Electric on New Album ‘Wilder Mind’
- Matt and Kim on Office Gossip, Concert Near-Disasters and Staying Immature
- Watch the Short That Inspired 'Whiplash'