A three-and-a-half-minute slice of mainstream guitar rock with a touch of girl-group pop, "Walk Like an Egyptian" also contains a whiff of novelty, with its odd subject matter of observing life on the Nile and the brief bout of whistling in the instrumental break. Written by Liam Sternberg, a demo featuring Marti Jones on vocals was turned down by Toni Basil of "Mickey" fame before making its way to the Bangles. Singer and drummer Debbi Peterson doesn't appear on the record, accounting in part for her description of the track in Rolling Stone as "a nice little novelty song kind of thing, but I don't feel like it's us."
Walk Like an Egyptian
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Steal the Show
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- West Memphis Three's Damien Echols: 'Today Was My Original Execution Date'
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- Meet the Osbournes' Other Daughter, Synth-Pop Artist ARO