A three-and-a-half-minute slice of mainstream guitar rock with a touch of girl-group pop, "Walk Like an Egyptian" also contains a whiff of novelty, with its odd subject matter of observing life on the Nile and the brief bout of whistling in the instrumental break. Written by Liam Sternberg, a demo featuring Marti Jones on vocals was turned down by Toni Basil of "Mickey" fame before making its way to the Bangles. Singer and drummer Debbi Peterson doesn't appear on the record, accounting in part for her description of the track in Rolling Stone as "a nice little novelty song kind of thing, but I don't feel like it's us."
Walk Like an Egyptian
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart Debate Superman vs. Batman
- Watch Terry Crews Punch Out Mike Tyson on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Motley Crue on Rock Hall Chances and Why Bands Need Retirement Contracts
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video
- 10 Things We Learned From Johnny Rotten's 'Uncensored' New Memoir
- Joan Jett: Built to Rock
- Watch System of a Down's First Ever Armenian Show